Posted by: Joy | 2012-10-08

Underactive thyroid, and high colesterol

Dear doc,
Two issues:-
I''ve been to my GP two weeks ago
Had bloods done.
This found cholesterol level @ 8.7.
Also, an underactive thyroid.
I went for an ultrasound last week, and this found @solid nodules in the right lobe of thyroid, and in the right retro mandibular region. the differential for the retro-mandibularlesion includes a benign pleomorphic adenoma. Infiltrated lymph node thought less likely. Taking into account the history of previous schwannoma, these two lesions could conceivably also represent two further schwannomas.

What do i attend to first?
Thanks Arlene

It is very important to attend to both disorders. It is essential that your doctor treats your cholesterol aggressively, as this will increase your risk for cardiovascular disease and a stroke. Consult an endocrinologist for the treatment of your thyroid disease.