Question
Posted by: Sally | 2011/02/21

Underactive thyroid

I recently had blood tests which confirmed that I had an underactive thyroid. I would like to treat it naturally first before I start taking lifelong medication. What is the success rate on going the natural route?

Hallo Sally
If you have an underactive thyroid, your thyroid is not making enough thyroid hormone. The only way to remedy this is to take supplementory thyroid hormone. Natural treatments will not supply you with thyroid hormone, although the vitamins and supplements may help improve the health of the gland. If the hypothyroidism is caused by damage to the gland due to an auto-immune reaction or infection, I doubt if natural treatments will work.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/02/21

Hallo Sally
dr Bets