Question
Posted by: CHERYL | 2009/11/11

underactive thyroid

I HAVE BEEN USING ELTROXIN FOR SIX MONTHS AND NOW I HAVE FOUND OUT THAT I MUST USE IT FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. IS THIS CORRECT?

Dear Cherly
Most patients who develop an underactive thyroid will have to remain on thyroid hormone replacement therapy for the rest of their lives because our bodies need thyroid hormone every single day to function properly. However, you will need to have your thyroid function tested regularly by your dr to see if you still need it or if your dose needs to be increased or decreased depending on the condition you suffer from (e.g. hypothyroidism, removal of parts of the thyroid gland, etc).

2
Posted by: Aumiela kader | 2009/11/18

what can i take to lose weight i am also sufering frm under
active thyroid

thanks

Reply to Aumiela kader

Dear Cherly