Posted by: Worried | 2009-10-16

Underactive Thyroid

I have never had my hormone levels or my thyroid tested. Perimenopause was diagnosed by my Doctor.
What exactly do they do for these tests.
I am also not taking any supplements aside from a multivitamin now and again.
Honestly I am not really a pill person and I don' t want to have to take for the rest of my life, hence the question of whether I can change my diet or maybe take a herbal supplement.

Blood is taken to determine your thyroid level and full hormonal profile. Ask your doctor to do these tests. If you do not want to supplement nutrients in your diet via medication, you can change your diet to organic foods, lots of veggies, organic greens and plentiful fish.