Posted by: sonblommetjie | 2009-02-25

Underactive thyroid

I am insulin resistant and have an underactive thyroid, i have heard that people with underactive thyroid complain of getting cold, but I have the exact opposite, i get hot all the time and feel uncomfortable and also suffer from sweaty palms and feet, which never used to be a problem. I don' t sleep properly and am irratable. I am on eltroxin for the thyroid and metformin for the insulin resistance. any advice will be appreciated.thank you

Dear sonblommetjie
You don't give your age, but you could be in peri-menopause if you are in your 40's. When last was your thyroid hormone levels tested?

Posted by: Monica | 2009-04-23

My thyroid ths level is 60.12 is it save??

Reply to Monica
Posted by: sonblommetjie | 2009-02-26

I am only 28,and i am quite overweight, had my throid levels tested about a month ago and had the eltroxin increased to two tablets 0.1mg and 0.05mg daily

Reply to sonblommetjie