Posted by: ursula | 2008-10-29

underactive thyroid

what happens if you take more eltroxin than needed. I am suppose to take 1and half tablet =.75mg i am take

Dear Ursula
As I said to another Reader a few days ago "It is extremely dangerous to overdose on thyroid hormone replacement therapy because the thyroid is the one gland that controls all the body processes. Please for your own sake see your dr and ask him/her to test your thyroid hormone levels and to assist you to find the correct dosage which will make your metabolism function properly without causing harm (angina, palpitations, sweating, popping eyes, etc). Once your correct dosage of Eltroxin has been determined and your thyroid hormone levels have returned to normal (this can take up to 3 months), you should feel better."
Take care