Question
Posted by: mags | 2008/08/19

underactive thyroid

I had papillory carcinoma and the doctor removed only the affected half, he said the other half would take over the full function.This was 7 years ago and I am really having problems, I am 57 years old, am not on any kind of medication whatsoever, I am 10kg overweight and just cannot lose it although I eat very healthy.My hair is so thin and I have all the symptoms of menopause, like depression,dry skin,night sweats etc.this has been going on for the last 12 years. I had a hysterectomy at the age of 26.What can I do to feel better.I dont always have the money for doctors so I try to use natural products but they have' nt been successful, so I have stopped using them.

Dear Mags
I think that it is time for you to have your thyroid checked again because it is possible that you are suffering from hypothyroidism and require thyroid and/or female hormone replacement therapy. Just for once save up to have the tests done because it could make all the difference to your quality of life if the dr can find out what is causing your symptoms.
I hope you will soon feel better