Question
Posted by: INGRID | 2012-03-29

UNDER EYE LINES

HI DOC
I HAVE UNDER EYE LINES, I HAVE BOTOX FOR MY CROWS FEET BUT THE PERSON WHO DOES IT SAYS IT CANT BE INJECTED UNDER THE EYE AREA AS MY EYE WILL DROOP, IS THIS CORRECT AND WHAT OTHER TREATMENTS COULD I USE WOULD FILLER WORK ?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Ingrid, thank you for the question and my apologies for the delay with my response but I was away attending an overseas congress.

The decision of using Botox safely in the lower lid is dependent on the snap test; if the eyelid ‘snaps’ back after pulling it down within a second it is safe to use Botox in this area. If not then your doctor is 100% correct in that one may have excessive lower eyelid droop or ectropion (this can also be seen if the doctor injects too high a dose with a normal snap test).
Regarding other treatment options: this is a difficult question to answer over the net as one would ideally like to examine the area before deciding on what the best treatment options would be.
Fillers may be used but this is dependent on the depth of the lower lid lines, the condition of the skin, the degree of sun damage, your skin type, and if a tear trough (or hollowing) is present.
Other possible treatments include fractional skin resurfacing or even a combination of the above 2 treatments.