Question
Posted by: INGRID | 2012/03/29

UNDER EYE LINES

HI DOC
I HAVE UNDER EYE LINES, I HAVE BOTOX FOR MY CROWS FEET BUT THE PERSON WHO DOES IT SAYS IT CANT BE INJECTED UNDER THE EYE AREA AS MY EYE WILL DROOP, IS THIS CORRECT AND WHAT OTHER TREATMENTS COULD I USE WOULD FILLER WORK ?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Ingrid, thank you for the question and my apologies for the delay with my response but I was away attending an overseas congress.

The decision of using Botox safely in the lower lid is dependent on the snap test; if the eyelid ‘snaps’ back after pulling it down within a second it is safe to use Botox in this area. If not then your doctor is 100% correct in that one may have excessive lower eyelid droop or ectropion (this can also be seen if the doctor injects too high a dose with a normal snap test).
Regarding other treatment options: this is a difficult question to answer over the net as one would ideally like to examine the area before deciding on what the best treatment options would be.
Fillers may be used but this is dependent on the depth of the lower lid lines, the condition of the skin, the degree of sun damage, your skin type, and if a tear trough (or hollowing) is present.
Other possible treatments include fractional skin resurfacing or even a combination of the above 2 treatments.

2
Posted by: Bianca | 2012/06/07

1-wash face with acne cream, then with lime or lemon juice(I have lime juice at the moment)2-putting egg whteis on for 10-15 minuets3-putting a mix of mix 3 tablespoons of honey with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon on as a spot treatment, and washing off in the morning4-in the morning, rubbing fresh garlic on pimples5-using cleanser again7-putting ice on pimples that do not have a head yetWashing and dabbing acne with cotton balls that have been soaked in vinegar in morning or nightusing a face mask made of oats and waterusing sugar to scrub face when I wash my face, at least once a dayusing a baking soda-water mix to rub into face gently for 10-15 seconds then removing and patting dry with a clean clothgiving myself a weekly facial by mixing a yolk of an egg with two tablespoons of milk and half a tablespoon of honey. Apply this on your face and leave it on for about fifteen minutes. Then wash with lukewarm water. If you''re out in the sun a lot, milk mixed with melted butter helps soften the dry skin.and using lemon juice(when we get some) to reduce freckles.I only want to know if using this many things(and I wouldn''t do all of them, I just haven''t decided which to use yet) will be harmful to my skin, or will back fire. Thxand heard that toothpaste helps, if left on a pimple over night?

Reply to Bianca
Posted by: mpho | 2012/05/23

Hi, I am a 30 year old, but my face loos like im 50 it is dry shrinked and i tried almost everything can help me.

Reply to mpho