Question
Posted by: not2oldyet | 2012/10/22

under eye bags again

Following from the previous post, I have just read your response to question 13 from Candy.
Do you know of anyone who can evaluate my situation in Durban? Perhaps i could try the laser surfacing or something no invasive but would need the correct advise following evaluation.
not2oldyet

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Not2oldyet, thank you for the question.

This is a difficult question to answer over the net as one would ideally like to examine the area before deciding on the best treatment approach.
Under eye bags typically have a genetic association but the causes are due to:
1. Loss of fatty support around the lower margin of the eye: this results in a depression (known as the tear trough) producing a shadow effect (dark circles) and this trough accentuates to lower lid bag making it look worse than it is.
2. Loss of ligamentous support of the lower lid (lid cheek junction)
3. Loss of the medial fat pads
4. Accumulation of fat from the lower lid
5. Combinations of the above
Following from the above your best approach would be to see an aesthetic medical practitioner or cosmetic dermatologist or a plastic surgeon who can examine the under eye area. Liposuction of the fat bag can be performed and most plastic surgeons should be able to complete this procedure for you but this may not be what is needed.
I recommend that you see Dr Albert Niemann (031) 5611277 and Dr Len Nel (Dermatologist) in the Durban area for a consultation and examination; please let them know I referred you and you are more than welcome to print my answer and let them read through it.

2
Posted by: Duro | 2012/10/24

Dr Len Nel is great.

Reply to Duro
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2012/10/22

3. Loss of the medial fat pads
5. Combinations of the above

Reply to anti-ageing expert