Question
Posted by: Help | 2008/07/22

under-developed bladder

can you please help me. my brother is turning 13 years old and needs to wear nappies still as he wets the bed at night as we have been told he has an under-developed bladder. we stop his drinks well before 19h00 and ensure that he urinates before bed, but this is no help at all. we have been told before that he has no idea even that it is happening. my question is will he ever grow out of it.

Dear Help
At his age it is unlikely that he will grow out of it - he needs to see an urologist urgently as there is much they can do to help ! One gets condom catheters that he can wear at night to catch up any leakage instead of nappies which are very undignifying for a 13 year old!