Question
Posted by: Shelly | 2011-10-11

Under Active Thyroid

HI Doc,

I have an underactive thyrioid, i am medicated and monitored every six months. I eat a half a bowl of bra with a banana and skim milk for breakfast, half a papaya for a mid morning snack one whole weat sandwich with shaved chicken, tomato, lettuc and cucumber with no butter and literally a t spoon of reduced fat mayo an apple or pear as an afternoon snack and a protein with a few kinds of veg for dinner and tons of water and i exercise for about 40 mins 5 days a week and i havent lost any weight. i have been doing this for about 3 weeks now, Could i be insulin resistant my brother has type one diabetes and is insulin dependant and my father has type 2 diabetes - How do i go about testing to see if this is the case? And does insulin resistan mean that ill become diabetic? I am so tired of being overweight and im trying HARD to loose it but its not working.

Please give me somemore info on insulin resistance

Shelley

I suggest that you consult your doctor for blood tests, to exclude insulin resistance and diabetes. Ask your doctor to also test your thyroid levels and to maybe up the dose of Eltroxin.