Posted by: Lynda | 2009-04-04

Under active Thyroid

I have been on ELTROXIN for my THYROID for over 3yrs now.
Is it true that one can never come off this medication? If so, Why?
and what effects does this have on my system. I am 60yrs and am starting to worry about all this medication I am having to take and what effects it is going to have on my system in the long run. I have also asked you about the PROTOS. Many thanks, Lynda

Please be so kind as to advise me about what the cause is for your underactive thyroid. Eltroxin is a natural replacement for your thyroid hormones. If taken correctly and your thyroid count remains normal, this medication will have no adverse effect on your body. If you stop using the medication, you can however, have some serious systemic side-effects due to your underactive thyroid.

under actve thyroide and trying to loss weight

What is the symptons of a under active Thyroid