Posted by: Gift | 2009-06-30

I love my boyfriend very much. We have known each other since childhood. The only obstacle is my status. I started working long before him therefore this makes him think that he is not suitable for me. His concern is that we are not on the same level. We have discussed this however I am not convinced that I have reached out to him. Do you think this relationship is going to work? Is there something/s that i can do to make him see that my love for him is not based on what we have/ what he has? I love this guy to bits.

You know, this really is supposed to be a forum for Psychiaric an psychological problems, not really for Boyfriend problems, and I seem to have been geting an awful lot of those, lately. Generally from now on, I will leave these Love problems for other readers to respond to, as this is within their more gneral field of experience.
In response to your concern --- talk with him, and explain that you consider him sitable and you love him ; you are ahead of him in work because you started long before he did. Explain your views as well as you did in this message, and see if he can understand and accept that

Posted by: Latoya | 2009-06-30

I find this to be a common problem lately, please note that this is just my observation, i spoke to a lot of guys, they did admit that women who are more succesful are a threat, they always want to be on the upper hand, not the other way round.
If he feel this way now, there is no way he will ever feel any better being around you, complex will always be part of the relationship, unless if he can find himself in a more superior position than you, then he will be able to be comfortable around you.
Why men don' t accept that we leaving in a different era, beats me.
I am looking forward to hear what guys are saying about this

Reply to Latoya