Question
Posted by: Arrendary | 2012/10/05

Unbearable pain beetween the shoulders!

Dear Dr - Dokotela An Burger.

Doc I have this on going problem - I can''t sleep and my back is so sore. There is this unbearable pain which is just between the the neck and shoulder blades muscles - its so painful such that its diturbing my sleep all the time. Its like I have a huge heavy stone sitting on my shouder! I can not turn my neck right or left - its so sore!! I have been changing pillows thinking that may be the pillow that i''m using is not puffed enough, but all invein!! Changing beds to the next etc etc.. I can''t turn my body at night - the pain is worse, then better in the mornigs.!!

Oh! Doc what do you think this is ...??

Arren

Arren

You can consult your pharmacist for Robaxin 750mg (muscle relaxant) and Ibuprofen 400mg to use for a period of 7 days. You will however, have to consult a physiotherapist for treatment to alleviate your muscle spasm. If this does not work, consult your doctor for x-rays and possible MRI scan.