Question
Posted by: *Cybershrink | 2008/06/20

Unavailability of Cybershrink

I have just had a call from the hospice that this-morning to say that my mother Peggy, who I have been intensively nursing for the past 3 years, and admitted there 2 days ago, is non-responsive this morning, and may not last long. I am trying to arrange to rush round there as soon as possible, and would appreciate it if people would keep the forum quiet for the next few days, as I try to work through this difficult challenge
Thanks for your consideration, and your prayers for her

Cybershrink responds : Thank you all so much, folks. I spent the day there, and she was clearly over-sedated and when I got there, really struggling to wake, but couldn't. During the day, as the sedation wore off, she was able to open her eyes properly, and make vocal noises when she recognized me and others, and take our hands. Kept an eye on her all day, and have now come back, as the senior nurses think she'll make the night and probably more days to come, and I have discused how I'd like her to be treated ( Risperdal far more clearing and less sedating than Serenace and Benzo's ) and lets hope she's more like herself tomorrow.

12
Posted by: sadi | 2008/06/20

Thinking of you at this time CS. May all go well. There is no sorrow on earth that heaven cant heal.

Reply to sadi
Posted by: jinx | 2008/06/20

Strongs!! I know the feeling, been there! With my father.
My prayers are with you..

Reply to jinx
Posted by: T | 2008/06/20

thinking of you during this intensely difficult and emotional time. you are always here for us, listening and responding to our gripes. even parenting and referee when needed. we are here for you too if needed.
you have done a beautiful thing, caring for your Mom. you will be blessed

Reply to T
Posted by: Candi | 2008/06/20

My thoughts and prayers with you!

Reply to Candi
Posted by: Lin | 2008/06/20

My prayers and thoughts are with you!

Reply to Lin
Posted by: k | 2008/06/20

CS, our thoughts are with you, and be strong.

Reply to k
Posted by: Gentle Voice Of Reason (GVOR) | 2008/06/20

My prayers are with you CS.

Reply to Gentle Voice Of Reason (GVOR)
Posted by: Hope* | 2008/06/20

My payers will be with you CS. Hugs and take care!
Love
Hope*

Reply to Hope*
Posted by: D | 2008/06/20

CS, you'll be in my prayer.

Its a difficult time, but your learn to dance with a limp.

Regadrs
D

Reply to D
Posted by: tsheps | 2008/06/20

CS be strong and you will be in our prayers and thoughts

Reply to tsheps
Posted by: Moon | 2008/06/20

We'll do.
I'll personally "donner" anyone that does not respect this difficult time in your live!!!

Good luck!

Reply to Moon
Posted by: Maria | 2008/06/20

CS, hugs, will be thinking of you and her.

Reply to Maria