Question
Posted by: Unhappy | 2011/04/07

Unable to sleep and Midnight Snacking

I usually go to bed at 22:00 and then wake up after a few hours. I then struggle to go to sleep and then go straight to the
fridge without even thinking and eat any leftovers or anything
that looks good (most of the time things I would not eat during the day)

I tried having a glass of milk or water instead, but then I can''''''''t get to sleep and still end up going to the fridge. For the rest of the morning I would be awake every hour or two.

I think this is also one of the reasons I don''''''''t lose weight. What would you suggest I do?

Expert ImageSleep Expert

This is one of the causes of the "nocturnal eating syndrome". The other is when people do that without actually waking up.

There are certainly ways do deal with it - certain medications can be used quite successfully. Psychological treatment does not seem to be terribly effective in this condition.

I would suggest you get to see a sleep doctor - there is a good chance this will be easier to sort out than you imagine.

1
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2011/04/08

Reply to Sleep expert