Question
Posted by: PS | 2012/08/29

Unable to orgasm - multiple factors

It was always difficult for me husband to penetrate me.

After seeing a sexoligist, we treated a light case of vaginismus, and now my husband is able to penetrate me.

However, I am unable to get aroused, wet, and to have an orgasm. I have tried Aphrodisiac pills which you can buy ver the counter at your pharmacist. They don''t work either...

I later went back to a house doctor, a gynaecologist and a sexologist, and none of them could give me advise on how to fix this.

Are there tests that can be done to see if my thyroid is functioning properly? Where would I do such a test... My pharmacist says he can''t give me estrogen supplements
without a presciption... In which case would he be able to do so?

Are there pills or creams I could use?

What else can I do?

PS

Hi PS
Your problem as I understand it is that you are not getting sexually aroused, and as a result are not building up the necessary tension to experience an orgasm. There will be no point in penetration if you are not sufficiently aroused and therefore sufficiently lubricated, as this will not result in an orgasm and only frustrate you further.

My suggestion is that you go back to the basics with regards to what turns you on. You will need to open yourselves up to any hint of what arouses you and your partner, utilising all your senses. You may find that movies, books, sex toys or role-playing do it for you. Perhaps it’s a particular kind of touch. Once you have found what works, slowly build your level of physical intimacy and only move to penetration once you are ready for it.

It could be that you are concentrating on a ‘magic pill’ to sort out this problem, some medical cure that will take it all away. This is unlikely to be the case, but if you have not visited a gynaecologist already, then it is worthwhile getting some tests done, including testosterone, oestrogen, thyroid, vitamin levels, glucose and anything else your doctor would suggests.
Good luck.

Anthony – SASHA. For further information please consult SASHA’S website at www.sexualhealth.qw.co.za/dru. For referral to a professional in your vicinity, please send an email to helpline.sasha@gmail.com.

5
Posted by: sexologist | 2012/08/30

Hi PS

Good luck.

Reply to sexologist
Posted by: PS | 2012/08/29

Thanks for the info guys! I will definately try.

@What-A-lot-i-Got, yes penetration does hurt alot.

@Max, my husband keeps on telling me to get off of the contraceptive pill. I use Jasmin, which I am told is not very strong. Can Jasmin have a severe effect?

I am a left hemiplegic. Most body functions almost back to normal after therapy as a child, however, my body is very sensitive and ticklish, and my husband can''t touch me " there"  without me wanting to hit him... Coud this also play a factor? How does one go about working around this?

Reply to PS
Posted by: Max | 2012/08/29

Go off the contraceptive pill.
Your hormones are being affected by the chemicals in the pill and thus causing these side effects. you could try another pill, but rather go off it completely and your body should sort itself out within 2 months

Reply to Max
Posted by: What-A-lot-i-Got | 2012/08/29

Does the penetration hurt at all?
Because it doesn’ t seem like you are getting wet at all, I would assume that it isn’ t very much enjoyable. I wonder how u manage.
XXX is correct you should try a lubricant, maybe that will warm up your system to being penetrated and after a while then your system would be able to adjust and know how to produce its own lubrication.

Reply to What-A-lot-i-Got
Posted by: XXX | 2012/08/29

Are you able to have an orgasm by masturbation ! I would suggest you try one of the water based lubes around and don''t forget that it is unlikely that you will have an orgasm by simple penetration.You need to play with your clitoris whilst he is thrusting.

Reply to XXX