Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/06/10

umbilical hernia repair

I went for a umbilical hernia repair 4 weeks ago. Should it still be very hard around the hernia and painfull/tender? The surgeon said that the laparoscopies I went for damaged the umbilical cord and he repaired it. I am 35 years old and diagnosed with endometrioses and I have been for 3 laparoscopies. I would like to know if the umbilical cord is badly damaged will it influence my changes of having a baby as well?

You would have to speak to your surgeon about the pain and tenderness. The endometriosis can affec t your chances of pregnancy but not the damage to the cord remnant.