Question
Posted by: Vicky | 2013/01/26

Ulnar Nerve Decompression Surgery

I suffer with Ulnar Neuropathy and I had surgery done to reposition the ulnar nerve on 3rd January 2013 in the left elbow.

My left elbow now is extremely painful and bruised, I cant rest my elbow anywhere as it is too painful and it is very lumpy (the scar) as well as painful.

Could this be an indication of infection?

Vicky

Vicky

Yes, it is possible that you have infection in the site of surgery. If the skin is warm to the touch and tender, you should consult your doctor as soon possible, as you will need a course of oral antibiotics.

1
Posted by: Vicky | 2013/01/30

Thanks for the reply, I saw the doctor today and they have checked the operation site, there is no infection but I am suffering with hypersensitivity of the Ulnar Nerve due to the surgery, hence the pain, i have been prescribed anti inflammatory gel to see if this will reduce the pain - Piroxicam.

How long can this type of pain go on for?

Vicky

Reply to Vicky