Posted by: Loyiso | 2009-04-28

In 2007 i was diagnosed with peptic ulcer after having done the gastroscope. Four months down the line they seemed to have healed. In 2008 i did another gastroscope after having the same symptoms that i had before they were diagnosed. The results were negative but the surgeon pointed out to stress. I used to drink a lot of alcohol and after every drinking spree i have to rush to see the doctor. I have been hospitalised 4 times because of the same problem. My symptopms or pains are normally on my chest left hand side. As a result of this the doctors rush to check if it' s not heart related problem. They even did an angiogram which was negative. I have been on nexium for almost a year now and it used to be effective but no longer. For the past 2 months i have endured pain and i can' t eat properly as every food feels like they trigger something. The last doc i went to said he suspected pancreatitis. I am thinking of going for another gastroscopy and maybe endoscopy. What do u suggest.

Expert ImageNatural health

the gastroscopy would confirm an ulcer if present. The stomach mucousa can heals itself but if you expose the GUT to stress (smoking, alcohol, incorrect eating, stress) then your stomach would product increased hydrochloric acid. You can use slippery elm, base powder and nat phos tissue salts. A chinese medicine practitioner will also be able to prescribe herbs to assist with healing of the mucousa. Acupuncture will assist you with pain.

Dr Debbie