Question
Posted by: chucky | 2008/06/08

ulcers

I have been diagnosed with a stomach ulcer about 8 weeks ago and I'm currently taking Nexiam for this condition. But lately I have been experiencing stomach cramps, bloating and my stomach seems to be a bit swollen as well, and there and yellowish jelly-like mucus in my stools. It constantly feels like there's pressure on my stomach. Are all these symptoms just part of the stomach ulcer - or should I go back to my gp?

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

It is possible that the Nexiam is not working as needed and that you are therefore experiencing these symptoms (all symptoms of an ulcer). I suggest that you supplement with Gaviscon Advanced, three times daily, before meals, for at least one month.

I also recommend that you have a gastroscopy done, as well as an upper abdominal ultrasound.

Kind regards