Question
Posted by: Majeed Aldamah | 2012/10/01

Ulcerative TB Diet

what is suggested diet while treating with TB Drugs and not
producing pain?

Dear Majeed
I am not sure what you are asking. Do you suffer from ulcerative colitis and find that TB drugs cause pain from the colitis or what? The diet prescribed for patients living with HIV and/or TB should be rich in protective nutrients such as vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients, derived from fruit, vegetables, legumes, lean meat, fish, eggs, wholegrains and cereals and yoghurt or milk and cheese. If you find that the TB drugs are causing pain in your colon then you MUST discuss this with the doctor who is treating your TB. It may be possible for him/her to prescribe additional medications for your ulcerative colitis. Because you have two very different problems, it would be desirable, if possible, for you to consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will be able to compile an individual diet prescription for you that takes both the TB and the ulcerative colitis, all your medications and food sensitivities into account.
I do hope that you will manage to get the pain under control and that you will soon be cured of the TB.

2
Posted by: Majeed Aldamah | 2012/10/03

Dear Sir,
Thanks for your responce .I am asking about what are the convenient food for person 30 years old having INTESTINAL TB
( Ulcerative Type) while he is treating with TB drugs?

Reply to Majeed Aldamah

Dear Majeed