Ulcerative Colitis &  joint inflammation

I have Ulcerative Colitis &  have a major problem with my shoulder being inflamed. I am active in gym, spin &  cycle on the road. I have used an anti-inflammatory for a week prescribed by my DR as well as a Voltaren &  cortisone injections. It stopped the pain for one week only. The medication caused a metal taste in my mouth. It altered my taste of water, milk, etc. Which anti-inflammatory can I use without causing an onset of colitis? I’ m not currently using chronic medication.

Dear Anonymous
Anti-inflammatories is not really a good thing to take when you have Ulcerative colitis as it can cause flare ups - rather talk to your doctor about using cortisone for a longer while to manage this. It may also help to get some physiotherapy.