Question
Posted by: mk | 2009-03-30

Ulcer on dog' s cornea

I am very concerned about my tiny little yorkie cross' s eye.

She was diagnosed with an ulcer on her cornea more than a week ago. She was prescribed drops, which seemed to work at first but then the ulcer got worse. Now she is on other drops (unfortunately I forget the name), and she has been on them since Friday evening. I cannot see any change in her eye, though.

Am I just too hasty? How long do these ulcers usually take to heal?

Dear mk

Can take up to 4-6 weeks in severe cases.

1
Posted by: Smiley | 2009-03-30

Hi mk

My cat got an ulcer in his eye and he got some ointment for that, a day later it was worse and they told me to see an eye specialist. In the end they had to do a graft on his eye to save it - and that cost a lot of money - maybe it is a good idea to see an eye specialist just to make sure. Prevention is better than cure?!

Good luck!

Reply to Smiley