Question
Posted by: Janet | 2011/04/12

Ulcer

I have a peptic ulcer, and did swallow the camera in 2008 to confirm this. The problem is the doctor put me on Sandoz Omeprazole and this only help for sometime and then the pain and burn starts again. Currently my medical savings is used up and I cannot afford Nexiam over the counter. Is there anything I can buy over the counter. A friend gave me Ulclear 150mg and even this does not help. I also take Turlington with condensed milk, Inkomasi and lots of Yogurt and Gaviscon...nothing helps for the pain. Please help me.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Janet

Most PPI's (the classification of NExiam, Omeprazole, etc) do have an over-the-counter version. This is usually the entry-level dose, but you can adjust your dosage according to your needs or even spread treatment over 24-hours.
These include Zantac (and generics). Lanzor (and generics), etc.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2011/04/13

Hi Janet

Reply to pharmacist