Question
Posted by: Pregnant Lady | 2011-05-25

UIF- Maternity Leave

I am pregnant and my baby is due in Augus 2011. When is the right time to apply for UIF during my maternity leave. I am not permanently employed and my employer say the company will not be contributing any cent during my leave. Am just so concerned as I will not be generating any income during leave. When is the right time to apply, how long does the process take?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

UIF - MATERNITY LEAVE

The right time to apply for maternity leave is at least one month before you go off as it takes time before UIF activate the payments. It is suggested that you contact the local department of labour as soon as possible to discuss these issues with them and they will give you answers to the process time.

1
Posted by: Labour Lawyer | 2011-05-31

UIF - MATERNITY LEAVE

Reply to Labour Lawyer