Posted by: Worried | 2010-01-15

UIF for Government Employees

Please help!
My sister has been dismissed from a government post which she has held loyally for 9 years. Her superviser lent her money from the department and is now denying that she has done this. Unfortunately my sister does not have proof of this in writing. Is there anything she can do to appeal? Does she have a legal leg to stand on?
Also, they have told her there is no UIF for government employees (there is nothing showing as a deduction on her payslip). Is this true? As far as I am aware, all employees have to be registered with the Unemployment Insurance Fund and have to pay 1% UIF whilst the employer pays the other 1%.
Please advise asap.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

Government employees are not eligible for UIF.

Posted by: soso | 2015-07-02

If a person was working for government for 11years and was dismissed what are his chances of getting all his money do they take A percentage or they give it all as it it true that they take 75 percent

Reply to soso
Posted by: Faith | 2015-06-15

I worked for the govermebt for thirteen years and my payslip state very clear that UIF was deducted from my salary, WHY???

Reply to Faith
Posted by: catcat | 2013-04-19

as a government employee I do pay UIF, monthly. Why should they deduct UIF whereas I am not entitled it.

Reply to catcat
Posted by: anet | 2010-01-22

Goverment employees does not pay UIF, so when a employee terminated his/her service by what ever way. The person will received her pension benefits. so no UIF fo goverment employees.

Reply to anet