Posted by: Nades | 2009-03-08

UIF Contributions

I have a home-based business and have 1 x employee - an Admin Assistant. What is the procedure of UIF Contributions? My Admin Assistant was on a month-to-month contract from May 2008 to December 2008. She became a permanent employee in January 2009.

I was not aware that the employer has to pay UIF contributions if the employee was not a permanent staff member!

I unfortunately have to retrench my Admin Assistant due to lack of incoming business and would like to know what the next step is.

My business is a Sole Proprietor, but it is not registered with SARS as a Sole Proprietor.

Please assist me with the would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you very much!

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

All employees must register UIF in arrears.