Question
Posted by: Grace | 2011/03/15

UIF

My father died last year and we have a big problem with his money .
1. My father worked at Reisnar Painting 24 years since 1986 to 2010,2. If we go to Dept of Labour the system shows that my father is being registered from 1986 to 2001 ,and we do have payslips that shows the money has being substracted every month for UIF so I just want to ask steps must we take we do not know where to start and the company is still running

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: UIF

It is suggested that you write to the company and ask them to prove the payment to the UIF. If they can't provide the proof then you need to try and prove that your father was in fact in the company by the payslips.

4
Posted by: Labour Lawyer | 2011/03/25

RE: UIF

Reply to Labour Lawyer
Posted by: Myself | 2011/03/16

Pleasure, good luck!

Reply to Myself
Posted by: Grace | 2011/03/16

Thanx Myself

Reply to Grace
Posted by: myself | 2011/03/16

I would go to the company and ask them for a copy of the UI19 form that they submitted,aswell the letter that came from the department to show that he''d been deregistered, if that form shows " 2010"  and the letter " 2001"  then get them to phone the labour depart and sort it out cos clearly someone at labour transposed figures, if however the UI19 shows 2001 but submitted in 2010 just get the company to sort it out cos again somebody there side has transposed a figure.
Of course worse case if the form says 2001 and it was submitted in 2001 start making a big noise because then somebody is committing fraud.
I''m sure that it was just an honest typo error though, it does happen, but first things first get that UI19 form.

Reply to myself