Posted by: Not myself | 2008-11-13

I feel strange. I woke up on Monday, just not feeling " myself" .
I can' t say that I feel sick, I just feel " ugh" .
I suffer from depression, but haven' t been taking meds besides St John' s Wort. But I don' t think it' s depression.
I have a constant feeling of being " unreal" , as if I' m in a permanent daze. Like I' m not " me" .
I know it sounds rediculous, but that' s exaclty how I feel.
I feel like I' m not in my own body, and that I' m just hanging around this person all day. I' m also short-fuzed, u know, bad tempered since feeling this way. What could be wrong?!? I can' t concentrate, think or operate like normal. I feel like sleeping 24/7

Many things can cause such odd and uncomfortable feelings of unreality. And they vary --- sometimes it feels like an unreal me in a real world, sometimes the other way around. Its hard from this distance to guess what might be going on. Sometimes depression affects us in such ways, without depressed mood as such being notable. IF this persists, it'd be best to see your shrink for re-assessment and advice based on the results of that