Posted by: Bronshar | 2009-03-09

U I D and I B S

Hi GynaeDoc.
About three years ago I had a mirena inserted for heavy periods.
Also have very painfull periods. It is working well for those problems but now I have I B S . Do the two problems coinside.

No they don't. It is probably coincidental.

Posted by: Bronshar | 2009-03-11

Thanks, I will try keep tabs on my diet and see if that helps.

Reply to Bronshar
Posted by: A | 2009-03-10

I' ve suffered from IBS for most of my life and in the last few years I have managed to get the symptoms under control. After having the mirena inserted 10 months ago I haven' t seen any reemergence of my symptoms. Try to look at other factors that could be contributing to IBS like stress and diet (especially wheat or gluten allergies). I think it' s worth ruling out the obvious causes before you start consdering your IUD as the culprit. Just my two cents..

Reply to A
Posted by: Bronshar | 2009-03-10

Since I had the mirena inserted I have a spastic colon with pain in my stomach everyday, my bowels always feel full and this is most uncomfortable. A docter perscribed mebeverine which helps but do i have to take this medicine lifelong, because when i stop taking it the symptoms come back. That is why I am woundering wheather period pain and spastic colon are one and the same thing or is this just coincidental. I have a good diet of fruit and vegs.

Reply to Bronshar