Question
Posted by: samira | 2012-10-23

TYROID

I have just had a tyroid test, T4 and THS were within the normal range but T3 was above the normal range at 5.9. The doctor advised me that the results are ok and T3 being above normal is insignificant.

I have been experiencing the following lately,

Weight gain, increased hair loss, tiredness even early morning, moody.

I am also on contraceptives (femiplan pills)

Kindly advise

Samira

If your TSH is within normal limits, you do not have a thyroid abnormality. There are a multitude of other possibilities that might be causing your symptoms and I suggest that your doctor also test you for conditions like insullin resistance, diabetes, anemia etc.