Posted by: anet | 2010-05-31

type of medication

My mom is using the following medication and I want to know for what conditions it is. The medication is Amlosyn tab, Lisoretic tab, Altosec.

Thank you in advance.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Amlosyn - Usually for mild to moderately high blood pressure or in patients battling with Angina Pectoris.
Lisoretic - Also for blood pressure. It can be used in comination with other medication for high blood pressure.
Altosec - For stomach or duodenal ulcers or for patients battling with acid reflux.

Posted by: Nicholas Matthews | 2010-06-06

Your mom should be taking a potassium supplement whilst on a diuretic, else her heartbeat may become erratic!

Reply to Nicholas Matthews