Posted by: A | 2009-01-20

Type 2 diabetes testing or regulation

I was put on Glucophage by my gynaecologist 6 years ago following a hormone test. I just want to know what kind of specialist I can go to see about Type 2 diabetes - is it an endocrinologist?

Dear A
Yes an Endocrinologist is ideal, esp one who specialises in diabetes, but most physicians will also be able to assist you with your type 2 diabetes. I trust that you have also consulted a clinical dietitian for the correct diet prescription for your condition? if not, please visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area. The dietitian will work out a specific diet for you which takes all your special needs into account.

Posted by: ABC | 2009-01-20

Reply to ABC