Question
Posted by: Natie | 2010/08/03

Type 2 Diabetes

I have t2 diabetes, I try to eat no sugar but fail please help with correct diet. I jog at least 5 km a day but my feet pain at night please help

Dear Natie
If you have type 2 diabetes then it is essential for you to consult a clinical dietitian, because the correct diet is one of the most important factors in treatment. Visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area. The dietitian will take your diabetes, medications and other conditions such as overweight and raised blood lipid levels, into account when working out a diet for you, which will be based on low-fat foods with a low glycaemic index (GI). Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'The Glycaemic Index' and read the articles on the GI. Also click on ‘Food as Medicine' on the Diet Site and then on ‘Type 2 diabetes’. You need to discuss Ask your doctor what type of exercise you are allowed to do and tell him/her that you feet get so sore at night. It may be less stressful to go for brisk walks for about 30 min every day, but do talk to the dr about this because you don't want to do more harm than good.

2
Posted by: John | 2010/08/10

Type 2 Diabetes have to take vit. supplement for your feet. I take " Diabecinn extra"  see web page. Inside the package is a free sample of a cream that allso help for your feet.
www diabecinn co za

Reply to John

Dear Natie