Question
Posted by: Trying | 2009/10/27

Two questions...

Since my husband and I talked about ttc, I decided to do some research online and I have two questions that I can' t seem to find the answers to.
Firstly - can saliva affect sperm in any way? I read that it can make conceiving difficult and perhaps even kill sperm cells.
Secondly - is a woman supposed to ovulate every month or are there cases where women who are perfectly healthy, ovulate every other month or something along those lines. I stopped taking the pill about 3 months ago. I did endure a stressful time during my final month on the pill and actually got my period in the middle of my package of pills! And it wasn' t spotting! It continued for about 7 or 8 days and then stopped for about 3 or 4 days and then started again at the time when I should have started. Subsequent to this, my periods have been normal and I was just hoping for insight on ovulation and what is normal and what is not. I don' t like to just panic and run off to the doctor for nothing.

Saliva will not affect sperm.
Ovulation most commonly occurs every month, but some women do skip months due to a variety of factors such as stress.

1

Saliva will not affect sperm.