Question
Posted by: Mishka | 2010/11/05

two c-sections in less than a year

I had major surgery in March, which had to be done via a c section. I am now expecting triplets and am due to deliver in the first week of Jan or even in Dec, depending on circumstances. Will my recovery time be the same as a usual c-section. With my first baby, I was walking around the mall on day 4 and got back to doing the housework after a week. I just don''t know what to expect this time around.

Will I be able to have a spinal block like I did with baby 1 or do I need an epidural this time? Does it take long to deliver 3 babies in seperate placentas? My first c section delivery was so quick.
What are the possible complications that I could face with this triplet birth?

You will probably take longer to recover because of the increased stretching of the uterus from the triplets. You should be able to have a spinal, but the anaesthetist would have to assess that at the time of deivery. It does not take much longer to deliver triplets by ceasearean than a simgleton.
Triplets carry many potential complications including preterm labour and anaemia.

2