Posted by: Jani | 2011-01-14

Twitching volutary muscles

Hi Dr,

1: I am experiencing twithcing (fasciculation) of volutary muscles in my body. This happen very often every day. My lower eye lid the most, sometimes by back, my deltoids, or biceps, my thighs, I even felt it a few times on my stomach muscles (just quick though). Few times in my neck (sternocleidomastoid muscle) Even my chin sometimes, but the eye is the most irritating of all- and at times it is almost continuous.

What can this be? I am worried that it is a neurological or muscular disease type of thing?

2: Also another unrelated question: what can I use for urinary tract infection during pregnancy, is citro soda safe?

Thank you Doc!

The twitching can merely be due to an electrolyte imbalance. You can supplement yor diet with Slow Mag or Slow K. If you have a UTI during pregnancy, consult your doctor for a urine microscopy, culture and sensitivity test, in order for the correct antibiotics to be prescribed.