Question
Posted by: me | 2009/08/14

twitching finger

I don' t know if this is the right place - but here it goes. I have noticed, now recently in the last two months, that my left hand twitches, more so my thumb. I have sat and tried to stop the twitch, but it has a mind of its own. The twitching isn' t constant, comes and goes. What could it be. I haven' t injured myself in any heavy activity - so I have no clue... please advise.

Expert ImageHandicap Expert

It is possible that it is muscle irritability caused by exertion. Rest and a short course of anti-inflammatories, i.e. Panado, can alleviate your symptom. If it does not respond to the treatment, consult your GP.