Question
Posted by: Tanya | 2010/11/19

Twisted ankle

Good day. 3 Weeks ago I twisted my ankle. I went to the doctor and x-rays was taken. Nothing is broken. But up until today (3 weeks later) I am still unable to put pressure on my foot. It is still very painfull and the swelling is not going down. Should I go back to my doctor or am I just impatient? Do you have any suggestions? Thank you.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Tanya
A foor injury does take a little longer to heal as we put all our weight on our feet- especially if there was some bruising and internal bleeding at the site of injury.