Question
Posted by: Kristen | 2009-06-17

Twist and Shape

Hi there,
I' m not overweight, but noticed my thighs are getting a bit fatter and looks strangely out of proportion to my skinny body - very weird! Do you think the twist and shape will help me tone my thighs and hips? Thanks

Hi Kristen

I'm not a fan, no. I think these gimmicks very rarely work as well as the tried and trusted, and in this case, cardio training and regular exercises like lunges and squats will work better. I wouldn't waste too much time trying to shortcut the system, and would rather just stick with what is known to work. I gather you're doing no exercise at present, and obviously doing some would help. So I'd say you should look at starting some exercise, not just because you want to tone the thighs, but because it's generally healthier too. And I hate to raise the alarm, but if you're noticing changes in your body shape, then it's a sign that on balance, you're taking in too much energy, relative to what you're using. So either you have to get control of your diet, or you have to start exercise (or both), or this is a problem that will continue to grow.