Posted by: Flower | 2009-04-16

Hi, my husband apparently has twins in his side of the family. What are the chances of me having twins if i fall pregnant and will it be identical twins or not? i take it there is no way to stop it if you dont want twins, it just one of those thing, but i would like to be prepared if i get them though :)

The chances are roughly 1in 80, but it doesn't really help to know what the odds are. Identical twins are more likely if there is a family history.

someone said that if the twins are in his family that i prob wont get twins cos the gene passes from wonan to woman not male to male so for ex. his sister will more likely have twins... i know i sound terrible like i dont want to have twins or something but it is kinda scary when your i first time mom and now its 2 babies too...
am i crazy????

Posted by: Star | 2009-04-17

The male determines the sex and the female the qty. If you or your parents are one of ident twin, then your chances are better to conceive ident twins. Non ident twins can happen to anyone, it is basically you that have two seperate eggs at once that gets fertilysed.

In the end, there is only one that knows. We do not have any twins on any side of the family and I had twins, first time. Twins are mostly in the second or third pregnancies.

Don' t want to be rude, but nothing can prepare you for any baby let alone two. You just leard to handle it. For me the twins are like having a single baby, cause I don' t know what it is like to have only one.

Reply to Star
Posted by: weeta | 2009-04-16

this is something nobody can answer for you there is only one that know.

Reply to weeta