Question
Posted by: Zonnicka | 2009-09-02

Twins dont sleep

I have twins will be 11months old 6 Sept. It started with the girl that refuse to sleep and fights against her sleep. She will cry for 3-4 hours before bedtime and if she fall asleep she sleeps for 10min and awake again. Now both fights against their sleep and wakes up during the night, never slept through yet. The girl vomits if you dont pick her up or give attention to her crying. she throughs tamtrums and throughs herself backwards and kick. I tried rescue drops and even ask the dr he said I must give them Stopayne but they get hyperactive when I give them stopayne. I dont know what to do we sleep about 1 hour at night. If the one is sleeping the other one ia awake. I am so tired and cant take it anymore. I tried the put down in bed and leave for 3 min and then pick up again but the girl vomits and the boy just cries the whole time. They are not sick or teething. It is now for nearly 11 months that this is going on.

Expert ImageSleep Expert

They know exactly what rings your bell, dont they? One answer would be to ignore them for a night or two - you know they will not come to any harm.

However, if that is too traumatic for you, I suggest you discuss the various techniques available, with your paediatrician. There are different techniques which have been developed for this kind of problem - but it is important that you nip this bad habit in the bud right now!