Question
Posted by: Alice | 2012/05/07

twins

I went for first gyne appointment last week. It seems I am pregnant with twins!!!

I already have a child (2 years old) he was born natural after induction. Would a gyne recommend a cecearian just because it is twins? Or is there still a chance that I''''ll be able to deliver my twins natural as well?

It depends on what happens during the pregnancy and the position of the babies at the end of the pregnancy.

5

Posted by: Al | 2012/05/09

I also had a C Section 4 years ago to twins and this was at a provincial hospital where you dont have a choice. I was seen to by the Professor and he suggested the C Section for the same reason as the second one being in trouble and develpment is mostly slower than the fisrt one

Enjoy them

Reply to Al
Posted by: Star | 2012/05/08

Yes I did, and luckily, the second twin had her cord around her neck, which could be removed before they took her out. I went in for my c-sec at 37,5 weeks, they weighed 2,5 and 2,3 kg''s, all fine.

Reply to Star
Posted by: Annie | 2012/05/07

Thanks Star!
I kind of thought that c-sec would be recommended. I just wanted another opinion before discussing it with my gyne.

Did you have a c-sec with your twins?

Reply to Annie
Posted by: Star | 2012/05/07

Discuss this with your doc. The reason they prefer ceasar with twins is after the first one is out, the second one tend to turn, with all the extra space available. Also is the secon isn''t delivered quick enough, it can get brain damage from lack of oxygen. However, it is possible, you just have to weigh up all the odds. You have lost of time still.

On a lighter note, congrats! double the joy, double the trouble, double the hugs and kisses! My twins are turning 10 this year, and my sigleton just over a year now, and I still say twins raise easier than one, they always have company and a friend!

Reply to Star