Question
Posted by: Min | 2009/10/28

Twins

Is it true that if you are pregnant with twins a pregnancy test will pick up a positive result earlier than if you were pregnant with just one due to the fact that the hormone levels are higher.
And can a blood test confirm an early twin pregnancy?

The pregnancy test is positive 1-3 days after a missed period. It will not be positive earlier than this even if you have twins.

5

Posted by: Mom-of-twins | 2009/10/30

Hi, it is true. I got a very strong positive on the HPT 2 days before my period was due. When the dr phoned me back with the bloodtest results, he told me that I had a very high count, and that it might be twins or I might be further along than I thought. The gynea confirmed twins at the 8 week scan!

Reply to Mom-of-twins
Posted by: Tasja | 2009/10/28

The bloodcount will be higher!

Reply to Tasja
Posted by: nash | 2009/10/28

yes i have heard that this is true, but we are only talking about 2 or 3 days .
lets see wat the doc says

Reply to nash