Question
Posted by: Marley | 2009-07-24

Twins

At 17 weeks 3 days my doctor said she thinks i might be carrying twins, but will confirm at my next appointment only. I' m currently 20 weeks pregnant.

Is it possible to not pick this up early and should my doctor be hearing two heartbeats by now.

At 17 weeks it should be possible to make a definitive diagnosis as to whether there are twins or not.

2
Posted by: Marley | 2009-07-27

Thanks so much for the response. I went for my first scan at 8 weeks, and my gynae does one every single visit, which is every 4 weeks... I also found it very strange that she couldnt see. I' m going for my 20 week check up today.

Reply to Marley
Posted by: Me | 2009-07-24

Unbeleivable!Your doc should have noticed this before now.Did you have a scan before?When you have your first scan ,around 8 weeks,they should have picked this up!.Anyway you are supposed to have a big scan at 20 weeks,where they check the organs and legs and back of the baby.
The only way they might not have noticed by now is if you still did not have a scan!

Reply to Me