Posted by: wan | 2008-11-12

Can you tel me on how many weeks twins usualy get borns i am a litle scared if it is twins i was part of a twin but my sister died at birth and my husbands family also have twins in them so i just want to prepair myselg

Thank You

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Wan
That is almost impossible to say, since the babies will arrive when there are not enough space for them. Some of them stay inside up to 38 weeks, so anything is possible.

Posted by: Zanne | 2008-11-13

Hi wan,

I have friends with twins that went full term and friends who had their twins very early. I think it depends on the pregnancy as even with normal single pregnancies circumstances differ. Multiple babies make the pregnancy more risky but I don' t think there is any specific norm for giving birth.

Personaly I think you should try to relax and enjoy your pregnancy, before you know it it is over and you have your babies in your arms. Remember that more babies born prematurely survive now than year before. The yougest baby ever born and survided was only 21.5 weeks

Reply to Zanne