Posted by: Tebogo | 2008-10-30

turns 6mnths in November

Yesterday my LO' s temperature was high and crying a lot. Took him to the doc and he said all is well, just teething. Is there nothing to give like painkiller. I rub his gums with teeting powder.

What more can I do to ease the pain.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Tebogo
please ask your pharmacist for something for pain.

Posted by: Ishara | 2008-12-11

Hi there,
Just to let you know, i' ve been to the doctor with my 16mnth old son, he had a very high fever. The doc said that all is well and prescribed medication as he was teething late becuase he was pre-mature as well. While in the car to collect his medication, he had a seizure from the fever and i rushed him to Emergency Unit. They confirmed he had a viral meningitis. Although, fever is a system of teething it also could be the syptom of somthing else. So i would suggest for peace of mind and the care of your baby, take him to a professional.
Hope this assist.

Reply to Ishara
Posted by: Zanne | 2008-11-13

You can give baby I nice to holddry chunk of biltong to chew on. The salt helps the teeth to cut and relief the pain.

The cutting teeth also cause burning when they eat so I put a little Prodol on the gums before meal times and at bed time. Prodol is alsmost like a local anaesthetic, put some on your tongue you will feel it go numb/

Reply to Zanne