Question
Posted by: Lynn | 2010/07/26

TURBOVITE

Hi doc

Do you think TURBOVITE is a good perforrmance and immune booster.Please advise.

Hi Lynn

I'm sceptical as to whether it works. These products are never tested, so we just don't know whether they are effective or not. Whether they are safe is another question. Again, I'd be lying if I said I knew it was safe, because that too is never tested.

It's got some 'marginal' substances in it - caffeine can be a problem, if you're not accustomed to it. The herbal products, I really can't tell you about - there is a perception that if it's herbal, it's safe, but that's not true - some supplements have been banned because the herbs they contained were found to cause heart attacks when combined with caffeine.

All told, I think there's too little evidence that they work for them to be a good idea, and too little evidence that they are safe for them to be a bad idea, and so on balance, if you can, I'd avoid them. Rather spend this money on seeing a dietician and eat better.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/07/27

Hi Lynn

Reply to fitnessdoc